Monday 16 July 2012

Illustrated pages of 'The Strange Feathery Beast'






Another second year project, we were asked to illustrate a story for children (The Strange Feathery Beast) for between the ages of 9 to 11 years. The requirements were to fill in the space between the text with an image and it was to be executed in black and white. 

I used dip pens with black Indian ink and for the darker areas I used a small brush.

This was a project I really enjoyed and I began this task after I had just changed course (from Fine Art and Illustration to Illustration alone). I found it very challenging, and after changing my characters and ideas many times, this was the end product. 

Prior to this project I had found it difficult to create my own characters from scratch which I feel much more confident about now. This assignment allowed me to progress in areas I felt uncomfortable with, particularly in my first year at university.


No comments:

Post a Comment