Saturday 21 July 2012

A Coalition of Cheetahs


Here is my artwork for 'A coalition of cheetahs'.

As an illustration group at university, the task of creating and possibly publishing a book as a class was brought up to be produced over summer. The decided theme was collective nouns. 

I chose this one because I knew it would be a challenge (and at the time had been fond of cheetahs so I wanted to go with it regardless of the group name).

I wanted to explore into typography and collage further before my final year at university, as collage is something I want to develop and the text seemed appropriate. The cheetah print was taken from a photocopy of a pair of creepers (shoes) I own that appropriately had the correct print on the top. The newspaper/collaged cheetah shape is made up of articles concerning the animals behaviour.

Medium: Mount board, coloured inks (sepia and gold), newspaper, card.

Size = approx. 40 x 30 cm.


No comments:

Post a Comment