Saturday 14 July 2012

First Post

I am beginning this blog after recently finishing my second year at the University of Lincoln studying Illustration.

I was studying both Fine Art and Illustration until around January/February time of this year.

For my dissertation in my third year I will be studying the illustrator Ralph Steadman in depth, a person I have often referred to in my artwork and who influenced my college work greatly. I will be looking at his illustration for Lewis Carroll's 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' in particular (again in college I transcribed some of his illustrations and found his quality of line and mark making intriguing).

Pen and ink is a medium I have felt comfortable working with for many years now. Lately I am trying to work with coloured inks and collage. Collage is also a branch of artwork I have enjoyed working with the past year.

So this blog will be an ongoing journal of my progress, work I'm creating and any ideas I have.



Watch this space.



No comments:

Post a Comment