Saturday 6 April 2013

Wind In The Willows Penguin Comp


So I decided at the last minute that I wanted to enter the Penguin Design Award this year.

I had an idea in mind so the past few days I've been painting and creating this. I chose Mr. Toad standing in front of Toad Hall because in the book he stands as the main character that can teach children about morals, since he represents rebellion and he is conceited. 

He is also the most fun to attempt to illustrate! I gave him a monocle so that I could reflect in it the motor car he desires, and it shows that that is all he sees. His bow tie has been incorporated with a steering wheel and goggles he wears to drive the motor car. His buttons are a mixture of wheels and headlights.

Materials include gouache and inks.

Size = 278mm x 178mm

No comments:

Post a Comment