Saturday 27 April 2013

Hawkwood Book Cover Competition


My book jacket design for the book 'The Strange Encounter of Sally Shakespeare and Toby Tinker'.

Painted with gouache and edited on Photoshop. The most challenging part was fitting such a long title into the space, not only on the front cover but also the spine, whilst leaving room for the Hawkwood company logo at the bottom. 

I collaged relevant elements including phonetic cards, toy clocks and school equipment; exercise books and prefect badge into the background of the boiler room (mentioned in the story). The text is handwritten, the names are supposed to appear as though they have been written by the characters themselves in chalk on a blackboard. 

Unfortunately due to a coffee spillage on my laptop, I have lost the original file for this with its layers, so I will have to re-do it in a different editing software (if I get the time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment