Saturday 12 January 2013

Final Major Project - Sketches



My first sketches for my FMP, which is to produce book jackets for the novel 'The Catcher in the Rye' (and possibly The Lord of the Flies when I've finished reading it). 

These are my sketches of Holden Caulfield, the protagonist, which I might need for my front cover which I will start illustrating soon. I sketched from photographs I have taken for this project and from first hand drawing. I have tried to make Caulfield quite anonymous, by drawing him with his face turned away, because he often changes his mind and has cloudy thoughts, showing his insecurities. 

I am illustrating book covers for the following;
- Adult book cover
- Graphic novel

My next steps are to choose a design I want to stick with, that is visually engaging and then start putting it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment