Friday 11 January 2013

Dissertation Progression


Cracking on with my dissertation which is based on Ralph Steadman's illustrations of Alice in Wonderland. I've been looking at these books and other journals.

I haven't posted about my dissertation so far and want to reflect on it when I revisit my blog posts. 

Steadman's illustrations inspire me because of his political themes and visual signature. I've found my dissertation interesting, as there is always more to learn about the smallest of things. Through analysing illustrator's work I have been criticising my own work and understanding what makes illustrations particularly successful. 

It has also been surprising to see which illustrator's have influenced others, and how many illustrators are unsuccessful in their own renderings of this particular story.

1 comment:

  1. t seems very useful and informative for us. Keep posting more wonderful thoughts.
    dissertation samples online

    ReplyDelete