Monday 25 March 2013

Catcher in the Rye Book Jackets



My book jackets for The Catcher in the Rye. The first is aimed at an adult audience, young adults upwards. I have painted the background using gouache paints and collaged relevant elements later using Photoshop.

The second is for a graphic novel, aimed at collectors or people interested in them. Again originally painted using gouache and collaged imagery was added later in Photoshop. 

I have used typewriter styled typography for the blurb because it signifies the time it was written, and it mentions typewriters in the book too. In both I have tried to keep the quality of the gouache painting because it creates a distinct feel to the work.

I might change parts of these slightly before the degree show, though I'm quite pleased with the way I have managed to show hidden elements from the novel, which was my main ambition from the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these great quotes.
    This is a fantastic website, could you be interested in going through an interview concerning just how you made it? You can visit my site.
    changeparts

    ReplyDelete