Monday 22 October 2012

'Sun, Sea, Sand... and Sniffles'


My illustration incorporated into the article we were given, this time about getting ill on the first day of your holiday due to working hard and finding it hard to relax.
I painted the background using gouache and then played around with it on Photoshop. The foot is taken from a photograph and again changed on the computer. I added bacteria to the swimming pool and replaced the sun for a yellow paracetamol. 

I tried to crop the image down a bit further but then it lost detail which I wanted to keep. I haven't worked in this style before so I'm quite pleased with my progress there! After tutorial it was apparent that the germs in the water need to be bigger, especially in the printed version they merged with the water too much.

Size = 120 x 120 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment